My first attempt at bidding online at a jewelry auction was loads of fun and way easier than I thought! I decided on Skinner’s Fine Jewelry Auction on September 10th, which was convenient for me with my work schedule – I was able to watch live while typing up appraisals.… Read More
Tag Archives: bid online
Boston, Mass. – May 20, 2013 – Skinner, Inc. announced the launch of its newly designed website: www.skinnerinc.com. Skinner was one of the first auction houses to provide internet services, introducing interactive features and online bidding in the early 2000s. This site redesign introduces a completely new and modern look-and-feel, as well as enhanced features for an outstanding user experience, including:
- Simple, easy-to-understand navigation
- Larger, more beautiful imagery, including a new grid view for browsing auctions
- Detailed information on the dozens of specialty collecting areas covered by Skinner
- Powerful search – presenting lots in upcoming and past sales in one view
- My Skinner – a personalized suite of online services for the registered user
- A major upgrade to SkinnerLive!
1. Preview – Look at the material in advance of the auction. This simple step is essential to successful bidding.