MARLBOROUGH, MA – September 7, 2016 – Skinner, Inc. is hosting dual online auctions of Jewelry, Affordable Luxury, Coins, and Discovery-Interiors from September 8 through September 16. Interested bidders are invited to preview items and meet with specialists in person on September 13 and 14 at the Marlborough Gallery.
Marie Keep, Senior Vice President of Skinner, Inc., notes, “We are pleased to offer such a depth and range of affordable luxury in September, with great examples of artist, antique, and studio jewelry, gold and chronograph watches, and silver and gold coins and collectible medals. The Discovery – Interiors online auction offers a large selection of mid-century modern furniture and decor to add sleek design for every taste and every budget, sourced by Skinner, and with the convenience of bidding from home or away.”
The Jewelry, Affordable Luxury, Coins online auction features:
- Artist and studio jewelry including a Faberge 18k gold and diamond locket; a Lalique glass domed ring; Angela Cummings sterling silver earclips and brooch; Hermes cuffs and enamel bangles; and Cartier silver rings and necklaces.
- A wide array of women’s timepieces by such makers as, Isaac Ruegger, Michel Herbelin, Tiffany and Co., Boucheron, Jaeger-LeCoultre, and Longines.
- Charles-Gigandet/Wakmann, and Heuer Autavia “Viceroy” and “Andretti” chronograph wristwatches, within a large collection of men’s time keepers.
- Pieces with old world charm and glamour, such as 10k and 14k gold-tipped walking sticks, an Hermes vermeil travel vanity, and sets of Montblanc, Waterman, and Parker fountain pens.
- Over 100 lots of gold and silver coins and artistic medals highlighted by a Paul Manship “Hail to Dionysus” bronze medal.
The Discovery – Interiors online auction features:
- A standout selection of 20th Century Design with furniture by Eames, Charles Webb, Stickley; a Fay Miller glass skyscraper table; art glass from Steuben, Tiffany, Daum, and Lalique; and art pottery by Mary and Edwin Scheier, Dedham, and Rookwood.
- Early American decorative arts and furniture including armorial Chinese export porcelain, Staffordshire historic blue tableware, and Queen Anne, Chippendale and Federal furniture.
- English Victorian art glass, porcelain dinner services by Royal Crown Derby and Christofle, and sets of Meissen and Herend plates.
- A collection of artwork highlighted by an Emilio Vedova signed charcoal portrait, a Louise Nevelson graphite on paper study, and works by Edna Hible, Lu Stubbs and Leighton Cram.
Approachable and fun, Discovery auctions offer something for every buyer and seller. Collectors, dealers, and art or antique enthusiasts will find antique and vintage furniture, fine, and decorative art and accessories that add richness and depth to any home or workspace. And, the online auction format makes it possible for bidders to participate whenever and wherever they are.
Previews, Catalog, and Bidding
All lots offered at Skinner may be viewed online or in person, and specialists are available to answer questions, setting our auction house apart from internet-based auction companies. Previews for the Discovery-Interiors online auction are open to the public and will be held in our Marlborough, MA gallery on Tuesday, September 13th from 12PM to 5PM and on Wednesday, September 14 from 10AM to 7PM. View driving directions.
View catalogs on the Skinner website, and log in or create an account to start bidding. Each lot in the online catalog displays the current bid, asking bid, and time remaining in the auction, in addition to detailed images and condition information. Place a bid for the next bidding increment, or place a maximum proxy bid and the system will automatically bid competitively up to that price. Specialists are available throughout the auction to answer questions and provide additional information about the lots offered. Lots begin a staggered close on Friday, September 16 with Jewelry, Affordable Luxury, Coins starting to close at 10AM and Discovery-Interiors starting to close at 3PM.
Skinner auctions draw international interest from buyers and consignors alike, with material regularly achieving record prices. The company’s auction and appraisal services focus on fine art, jewelry, furniture, and decorative arts from around the globe, as well as wine, fine musical instruments, rare books, Asian art, clocks, Judaica, and more. Monthly Skinner Discovery auctions feature a breadth of estate material. Widely regarded as one of the most trusted names in the business, Skinner appraisers have appeared on the PBS-TV series, Antiques Roadshow, since the show’s inception. Skinner has galleries in Boston and Marlborough, Massachusetts, as well as in New York City and Miami, Florida, with bidders participating in person, by phone, and online. Join auctions live with SkinnerLive! and Bidsquare. For more information and to read our blog, visit the website at www.skinnerinc.com, find us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.