Two W. & L.E. Gurley Geologist's Compasses, Troy, New York, c. 1892-1910, both with 4-in. engraved aluminum base and 3 1/2-in. engraved compass, dual spirit levels, one with dual sighting vanes and housed in its original leather bag.
Provenance: The collection of William H. Skerritt.
Note: Introduced in 1892, the geologist's pocket compass with the aluminum dial represents the earliest use of aluminum by Gurley on a production instrument.
Items may have wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Skinner shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.