Painted and Gilt-lettered Double-sided "BOSTON YACHT CLUB" Sign
- Sold for:
- American Furniture & Decorative Arts - 3038B
- Date / Time :
- November 04, 2017 10:00AM
Painted and Gilt-lettered Double-sided "BOSTON YACHT CLUB" Sign, late 19th century, green-painted applied edge around the shaped sign, lettering on one side on a light blue smalt ground, the other with lettering on a black smalt ground, (minor losses and replacements to moldings), ht. 21 3/4, wd. 28 in.
Note: The Boston Yacht Club was founded in 1866 in South Boston, and is now headquartered in Marblehead. In 1910, it was operating from six stations, including at Rowe's Wharf in Boston. This sign, from the late 19th century, reportedly hung at that Rowe's Wharf station.
The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Condition requests can be obtained via email (lot inquiry button) or by telephone to the appropriate gallery location (Boston/617.350.5400 or Marlborough/508.970.3000). Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Skinner Inc. shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.