USS Lawrence Cane, oak shaft with a silver and mother-of-pearl head engraved "Flagship Lawrence September 10, 1813," and accompanied by two framed documents describing the history of the ship and attesting to the fact that the wood for the cane came from the ship, all mounted in a 20th century frame, ht. 38 3/4, wd. 15 5/8 in.
Note: The USS Lawrence was commissioned in August 1813 and served as Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry's flagship. The ship was disabled during the Battle of Lake Erie, September 10, 1813.
The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Condition requests can be obtained via email (lot inquiry button) or by telephone to the appropriate gallery location (Boston/617.350.5400 or Marlborough/508.970.3000). Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Skinner Inc. shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.