Larchmont Yacht Club Sterling Silver Trophy Cup, New York, c. 1893, one with flutter rim, tapered body, and engraved inscription, "Larchmont/ Yacht Club/ Spring Regatta/ June 10th 1893/ Won by/ Eurybia," ht. 5 1/2 in., approx. 7.6 troy oz.
N. B. Eurybia was a thirty-six foot sloop built by N. D. Lawton in 1888. Her original owner was Charles Pryer, Commodore of the New Rochelle Yacht Club and member of the New York, Atlantic, and Larchmont Yacht Clubs. The June 11, 1893 edition of The New York Times states: "Commodore Cott gave a cup for a special race between Wasp, Eurybia, and Bonnie Doon" during the Larchmont Yacht Club's Spring Regatta.
The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Condition requests can be obtained via email (lot inquiry button) or by telephone to the appropriate gallery location (Boston/617.350.5400 or Marlborough/508.970.3000). Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Skinner Inc. shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.