Two Sterling Silver-mounted Huguenot Yacht Club Trophies, America, late 19th century, a Howard Silver Co. cut glass biscuit jar with silver cover with rocaille scrolls centering an engraved inscription: "Huguenot Yacht Club/Annual Race/1897/won by/Eurybia", ht. 6 1/4; and pair of clothes brushes, each oval and with engraved inscription, "Huguenot Y.C./ Spring '96/ Celia," maker's mark rubbed, lg. 4 3/4 in.
N.B. Eurybia was a 36-foot sloop built by N. D. Lawton in 1888. Her original owner was Charles Pryer, Commodore of the New Rochelle Yacht Club and member of the New York, Atlantic, and Larchmont Yacht Clubs. Celia was a 21-footer owned by Clement A. Gould.
Biscuit jar with repaired dent to cover, 3/4 in. check to inside of rim, and scattered minor checks.
The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Condition requests can be obtained via email (lot inquiry button) or by telephone to the appropriate gallery location (Boston/617.350.5400 or Marlborough/508.970.3000). Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Skinner Inc. shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.