Group of Edison Storage Battery Co. Ephemera, from Walter H. Bancroft, photographic group portrait titled "First Annual Outing Edison Storage Battery Co. Guards & Ben. Asso'n., Greenville, N.J. Sept. 19th 1914," 11 x 14; photographic group company portrait dated 1921, showing fifty-three employees, including Edison in the foreground and Bancroft in the third row, (rolled and cracked), with separate key, (folded); six photographs related to the company and two typewritten letters to employee W.H. Bancroft, dated 1929, requesting a copy of his photograph for forthcoming publication of Handbook of Electrical Engineers; copies of two patents for improvements in batteries granted to Bancroft and Bancroft and Bruce Ford in 1926 and 1932 respectively; and a group of mimeographed papers, including resume of Walter H. Bancroft, manager of Department of Special Developments (Experimental) at Edison Electric Storage Battery Co., Philadelphia, from 1922-1930.
Note: Founded in 1901 to develop, manufacture, and sell Thomas Edison's alkaline storage battery, the company produced batteries for mining, lighting, signaling, and other uses, before it merged with Thomas A. Edison in 1932.