American Electric Guitar, Gibson Incorporated, Kalamazoo, c. 1961, Model Les Paul, serial number 35361, the cherry red finish, the two PAF humbucking pickups, the Tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece, sold with a color photograph of Andy Summers holding the guitar.
Provenance: Andy Summers/The Police
Serial number 3 5361
This guitar has been refinished and the contours softened in the process;
- pickguard replaced (extra screws added when replaced);
- tremelo tailpiece replaced with stop tailpiece;
- at least one potentio meter has been changed;
- selector switch tip and ring replaced;
- Tune-o-matic bridge is marked GIBSON ABR-1 on the back;
- pickups are original: upon examination of the guitar, the surround of the bridge pickup could not be unscrewed but the appearance of the covers is the same, the other cover was removed to reveal the 'Patent Applied For' sticker;
- no cracks.