Polychrome Painted Box Depicting a Meeting House in Charlestown, Massachusetts, early 19th century, rectangular box with hinged lid and ball feet, the top depicting the First Congregational Meeting House in Charlestown, Massachusetts, the sides likely depicting scenery and buildings in the surrounding area, including "Prospect Hill" identified in an inscription on the reverse, the interior lid affixed with a paper label with ink inscription, "Token/This Box was once a component part of the first Congregational Meeting House. Located on Town Hill, Built 1783, and taken down 1833 Charlestown Oct'r. 25 1833.," (paint loss on top), ht. 5 1/4, wd. 10, dp. 7 3/4 in.
Note: Accompanying the box is a rectangular tin plaque engraved with the name of a descendant of the consignor, and was purportedly located on a locker located in the meeting house before it was dismantled.