Mounted Half Hull Model of the Clipper Ship Belle of the West
- American Furniture & Decorative Arts - 2509
- Date / Time :
- August 15, 2010 10:00AM
Mounted Half Hull Model of the Clipper Ship Belle of the West, America, late 20th century, the vessel identified on a brass plaque, natural finish, mounted on a pine panel, 7 3/8 x 24 1/2 in. overall.
Note: The Belle of the West was built in 1853 in East Dennis, Massachusetts, by Messrs. David & Asa Shiverick. She was owned by Messrs. Glidden & Williams of Boston, and commanded by Captain William. F. Howes. She was 936 tons and 182 feet long overall.