Brass and Steel Wheel Cutting Engine
- Sold for:
- Clocks, Watches & Scientific Instruments - 2502
- Date / Time :
- May 01, 2010 10:00AM
Brass and Steel Wheel Cutting Engine, Leopoldis Andony Millogg, Austria, c. 1712, the vice-held hand-powered engine with 9 1/4 in. dividing plate having thirty divisions numbered 48-150 and further numbered with factors such as 7, 12, and 13, inscribed Leopoldis Andony Millogg 1712, pivoted cutter frame and crank with turned wooden handle, lg. 11 1/2 in.
Note: Crom #2, makes reference to this engine on p. 625; Crom #1 discusses German wheel-cutting engines in general on pp. 41-49