Carved Black Forest Clock and Musical Box
- Clocks, Watches & Scientific Instruments - 2502
- Date / Time :
- May 01, 2010 10:00AM
Carved Black Forest Clock and Musical Box, Lenzkirch, c. 1880, in the form of a gothic cathedral, the clock flanked by two turrets with open belfries and gothic windows backed with pierced fabric, the dial with bone Roman chapters and hands, mounted behind, a round French movement with back plate stamped with German retailer Lenzkirch, rack and snail strike and pendulum with linkage to the six tune, 8 1/2 in. cylinder musical box with seventy-four teeth marked on governor bridge J.H. Heller, playing selections including "Oh Come All Ye Faithful," all enclosed within a raised architectural pedestal, ht. 30 in.
One missing base tooth on comb, start-stop and change levers restored, case in original surface, clockwork and musical attachment recently overhauled, minor missing case elements, original backboard is with the clock, but lacking about 3/4 in. of one side, a modern replacement backboard also accompanies the lot.